Selected Professional Associations and Activities
- Journal of Diversity in Higher Education: Associate Editor, 2011-present
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Project on the Education Professional Doctorate. Reinforcing Stewardship for the Enterprise: The EdD Capstone Experience. University of Missouri Representative, 2008-present.
- American Educational Research Association: Member, 2001-present; Division J Conference Program Committee, 2013; Crafting an Academic Life: Putting Together the Pieces, AERA Pre-Conference, Organizational Committee Member, 2007
- Association for the Study of Higher Education: Member, 1999-present; Executive Board Member, Council for the Advancement of Higher Education Programs, 2011-present; Conference Program Committee, 2009; Board Member, ASHE-Educational Resources Information Center, Higher Education Report Series Advisory Board, 2000-2001
- American College Personnel Association:Member, 1989-present; Book and Media Editorial Board Member, 2005-2008; Directorate Body Member, Commission for Professional Preparation, 2004-2006; Directorate Body Member, Commission III, 1997-1999
- University of Missouri, Kansas City Higher Education Administration Master’s Program, External Site Visit Reviewer, February 2010
- National Association for Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA):Journal about Women in Higher Education, Editorial Board Member, 2006-present
- National Science Foundation: Panel Reviewer, ADVANCE Leadership Grants, October 6-7, 2005
Book Proposal Reviewer
- Patton, L. D. (Ed.). (2013). Debunking the “new” model minority myth: Critical perspectives in Black women and college success. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Winkle-Wagner, R., & Locks, A. (2011). Diversity and inclusion in higher education: Supporting racially and ethnically underrepresented students. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Kezar, A., Carducci, R., & Contreras-McGavin, M. (2006). Rethinking the “L” word in higher education: The revolution of research on leadership. (ASHE Higher Education Monograph Series). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Nash, R. J. (2004). Liberating scholarly writing: The power of personal narrative. New York: Teachers College Press.
Ad-Hoc Manuscript Reviewer
- Journal of Higher Education
- Gender & Society
- Asian Women
- Review of Higher Education
- NWSA Journal/Feminist Formations
- Atlantis: A Women’s Studies Journal
- Higher Education: The International Journal of Higher Education and Educational Planning, 2001-present